Melbourne, June 8 : Victorian fast bowler James Pattinson has said that he will be targetting selection in the Australian squad to tour Sri Lanka in August after winning a Cricket Australia contract.
"I wasn''t really banking on (getting offered) one (contract) but I''m stoked that I do now,'''' the Herald Sun quoted Pattinson, as saying.
"I''m over the moon. The contracted group will get together in a few weeks and we''ll be looking forward to a hopeful selection in the Sri Lankan series in mid-August. Obviously I''m not there yet, but I''ve got to keep working hard,'''' he added.
Pattinson will look to become the second member of his family to grace the Test scene after his older brother and fellow Bushranger Darren made a single appearance for arch-enemy England in 2008.
While his best form has been in limited-overs cricket, the young seamer will be pushing for a Test spot, fulfilling a childhood dream.
"I''ve wanted to play for Australia ever since I was a little kid,'''' Pattinson said.
"Obviously it would be great to play Test cricket if I got the chance, it would be good to rub one back into (brother Darren). I actually rang him first to tell him. I was a bit over the moon, but it was 5 a. m. over there (the elder Pattinson is playing for Nottinghamshire), and he had a go at me for waking him up, but he rang me back and I had a good chat to him,'''' said Pattison
Pattinson was one of three Victorian quicks to be offered contracts, joining Peter Siddle and Jon Hastings. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'