Wellington, Jan 17 : New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has said that Stephen Fleming would be ideal for the soon to be vacant Team India coaching position.
Fleming has been named as a front-runner to replace current Indian coach Gary Kirsten, once he steps down after the upcoming 50-over World Cup.
According to reports, the former New Zealand captain’s close association with Indian captain M. S. Dhoni and BCCI Secretary N. Srinivasan at the Chennai Super Kings might prove helpful.
“I think he’d be a great coach. He’d be great for them,” Stuff. co. nz quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He’s probably pretty similar to Gary Kirsten in his methods. It’s worked well for India so it wouldn’t surprise me at all,” he added. (ANI)
- Stephen Fleming tipped to be next India cricket coach
- Sri Lanka tries to buy top Kiwis for T20 competition
- Vijay Mallya ‘hand-carries century old bottles of whisky to Glasgow’
- Pakistan on top after day one of Wellington Test against Kiwis
- ‘Bargain-buy’ Vettori ideal IPL replacement for Kumble: Mallya