Karachi, June 28: Pakistan fast bowler Umar Gul will miss the rest of the Asia Cup due to side strain.
"The doctors have advised Gul at least two weeks rest to recover from the injury. He will not be able to take further part in the Asia Cup," the Daily Times quoted chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed, as saying.
Gul limped off the field after bowling just eight balls in Thursday's loss to India.
Abdul Rauf, who has played one match this year, has been recommended to the Pakistan board as a replacement.
Pakistan are already without pacemen Mohammad Asif following his detention in Dubai for allegedly carrying a drug, and veteran Shoaib Akhtar who is serving a suspension. (ANI)
- PCB chief selector hits back at charges of bias against Karachi players
- Doping, a common practice among Pak athletes: Ex-sprinter
- ‘Injury prone’ Akhtar working hard to revive international career
- Karachi cricket board joins chorus baying for PCB chief Ijaz Butt’s blood
- Khurram vows to make strong comeback to Pak team