Karachi, June 23 : Pakistan's preparations for the Commonwealth Games received a blow Wednesday when it was revealed that two of their top female sprinters are facing a ban after failing dope tests.
Sadaf Siddiqui and Javeria Hassan are facing a ban of up to two years after testing positive for anabolic steroids.
The Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) has formed a two-man committee to decide their fate. The committee that includes Meesaq Rizvi and Maj Afzal will meet in Lahore June 28 to take a decision on the issue. (IANS)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation