London, Feb 27 : Manchester City ace striker Carlos Tevez has urged coach Roberto Mancini to play him against Chelsea so that he can score a goal for his new born baby.
Tevez has been on compassionate leave in Argentina to be with his partner and daughter Katie, who was born prematurely.
But he flew back to England on Friday insisting: “I want to play and I want to score a goal to dedicate to Katie.”
“I’m ready to play. I’ve not been sitting around, I practiced with the national team every morning and I feel good,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
City failed to win any of the four games Tevez missed, but the player denied boss Mancini was unhappy he was away for so long.
“I have no problems with the coach. Perhaps the club was nervous about me going to Argentina but it wasn''t for a holiday. I have lived the last few days only for my daughter. Each day I was at the hospital to feed her,” Tevez said.
“Mancini is under pressure as the team is not winning. But we discussed everything and I am sure he understood. And if he didn’t understand I don’t care. With family affairs, football takes a back seat,” he added. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional