London, Aug 30 : The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has decided to rest spinner Graeme Swann for the remaining three one-day internationals against South Africa.
South Africa leads the five match one-day series 1-0 after an 80-run win in Southampton on Tuesday.
James Tredwell has been called up as cover, Sport24 reports.
"(Swann) has admitted to carrying a long-term elbow problem in his right arm and will take the next three matches off before returning for the three-game Twenty20 series," a ECB statement said.
The third ODI will be played at The Oval in London on Friday. (ANI)
- ''Proud'' Swann pays emotional tribute to ''good pal'' Strauss
- ''Strauss'' place in pantheon of English cricket greats already secured''
- Strauss says poor form, not Pietersen reason behind retirement
- ‘Defiant’ Armstrong refutes USADA’s doping claims saying, ‘I won Tour de France 7 times’
- Mario Balotelli squeezes three glamorous girls into his car on night out