Melbourne, Jan 2 : England spinner Graeme Swann has questioned the Australian selectors decision to sack Nathan Hauritz.
Swann, the highest wicket-taker last year, was so impressed by Hauritz that he studied video footage of the out-of-favour NSW spinner before landing in Australia.
"I honestly don't understand how the Australian selection works," Adelaide Now quoted Swann, as saying.
"It is obviously different to how it works in England. I don't know why he was dropped in the first place and why he has not been brought back in. I've said before I'm a fan of Nathan Hauritz's bowling. He's an off-spinner. I'm an off-spinner," he said.
"You have a certain kinship towards your fellow competitor when he does the same thing you do. I generally feel sorry for him. I don't think he deserved to miss out on this whole series.
"He bowled well against England two years ago in Australia and I certainly think he's a guy who caused a few of our guys some problems. I don't understand why he hasn't been given a shout - but that's been good for us," Swann said.
The Xavier Doherty experiment was unsuccessful, Australia played four fast bowlers in the third and fourth Tests and now Beer gets a chance in the fifth and final Test. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan