Melbourne, Jan 2 : England spinner Graeme Swann has questioned the Australian selectors decision to sack Nathan Hauritz.
Swann, the highest wicket-taker last year, was so impressed by Hauritz that he studied video footage of the out-of-favour NSW spinner before landing in Australia.
"I honestly don't understand how the Australian selection works," Adelaide Now quoted Swann, as saying.
"It is obviously different to how it works in England. I don't know why he was dropped in the first place and why he has not been brought back in. I've said before I'm a fan of Nathan Hauritz's bowling. He's an off-spinner. I'm an off-spinner," he said.
"You have a certain kinship towards your fellow competitor when he does the same thing you do. I generally feel sorry for him. I don't think he deserved to miss out on this whole series.
"He bowled well against England two years ago in Australia and I certainly think he's a guy who caused a few of our guys some problems. I don't understand why he hasn't been given a shout - but that's been good for us," Swann said.
The Xavier Doherty experiment was unsuccessful, Australia played four fast bowlers in the third and fourth Tests and now Beer gets a chance in the fifth and final Test. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai