Hyderabad, Nov 17: New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris and batsman Jamie How have been recalled to be part of the 15-man New Zealand team for the first five-match ODI series against India.
Styris will make a comeback after missing the recent ODI series against Bangladesh due to a partial stress fracture of the back, while How will be back after nearly two years being out of the team.
"We welcome back Scott Styris from injury while Hamish Bennett and Shanan Stewart were unavailable for selection due to injury," Stuff. co. nz quoted selector and coach Mark Greatbatch, as saying.
"The squad sees the return of Jamie How who deserves his opportunity after impressing the selectors for some time. We feel one-day cricket is the format for him to return to international cricket," he added.
Apart from the duo, batsman Martin Guptill and wicketkeeper Gareth Hopkins, who have been impressive in the ongoing Test series, have also been included in the squad.
"We have kept faith with the bulk of the squad who played in the disappointing tour of Bangladesh and who have performed well in the current test series against India," Greatbatch said.
"Martin has shown good form with the bat and Gareth will provide wicket keeping cover for Brendon McCullum," he added.
Greatbatch further insists that the 15-man squad is looking forward to "playing positive cricket" in what promises to be an exciting series.
The first match of the series will be played in Guwahati on November 28, followed by matches in Jaipur, Vadodara, Bangalore and Chennai.
New Zealand Squad:
Daniel Vettori (captain), Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Gareth Hopkins, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Daryl Tuffey and Kane Williamson. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'