Hyderabad, Nov 17: New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris and batsman Jamie How have been recalled to be part of the 15-man New Zealand team for the first five-match ODI series against India.
Styris will make a comeback after missing the recent ODI series against Bangladesh due to a partial stress fracture of the back, while How will be back after nearly two years being out of the team.
"We welcome back Scott Styris from injury while Hamish Bennett and Shanan Stewart were unavailable for selection due to injury," Stuff. co. nz quoted selector and coach Mark Greatbatch, as saying.
"The squad sees the return of Jamie How who deserves his opportunity after impressing the selectors for some time. We feel one-day cricket is the format for him to return to international cricket," he added.
Apart from the duo, batsman Martin Guptill and wicketkeeper Gareth Hopkins, who have been impressive in the ongoing Test series, have also been included in the squad.
"We have kept faith with the bulk of the squad who played in the disappointing tour of Bangladesh and who have performed well in the current test series against India," Greatbatch said.
"Martin has shown good form with the bat and Gareth will provide wicket keeping cover for Brendon McCullum," he added.
Greatbatch further insists that the 15-man squad is looking forward to "playing positive cricket" in what promises to be an exciting series.
The first match of the series will be played in Guwahati on November 28, followed by matches in Jaipur, Vadodara, Bangalore and Chennai.
New Zealand Squad:
Daniel Vettori (captain), Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Gareth Hopkins, Jamie How, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Jesse Ryder, Tim Southee, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Daryl Tuffey and Kane Williamson. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai