London, June 28 : David Beckham saluted English Rock band `Stone Roses', a day before their homecoming gig.
The 37-year-old former England skipper revealed that `I Am The Resurrection' by the band is his favourite track.
"The Stone Roses was part of my upbringing in Manchester. And being an East End boy, that's saying something," the Sun quoted him as saying.
"Their music has inspired so many people but for me it brings back memories of the most happiest time in my football career, when I started my career at Manchester United.
"The fact that they are back is incredible to see," he added.
The LA Galaxy star was 14 in 1989 when Sir Alex Ferguson first got the midfielder up from Leytonstone to get his signature. At the same time the Roses were really making their name. (ANI)
- Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski ‘sings’ with Brings in new ‘Hallelujah’ track
- ‘Born again Gazza back to ‘slurring and slumping’ after all-day booze bender in Dubai
- Man City makes move to bind midfielder Silva to new improved contract
- England boss Hodgson slams Capello’s ‘Scottish’ jibe on Rooney as ‘cheap’
- Vettel taking forward ‘confidence’ not ‘anger’ from early European GP exit