Dubai, Oct 14 : The Sri Lankan team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its five-wicket victory over Pakistan in the final of the Twenty20 International tournament in Toronto.
Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Mahela Jayawardena’s side was ruled to be two overs short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Jayawardena has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his players have each received 10 per cent fines. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish