Dubai, Oct 14 : The Sri Lankan team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its five-wicket victory over Pakistan in the final of the Twenty20 International tournament in Toronto.
Jeff Crowe of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Mahela Jayawardena’s side was ruled to be two overs short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Jayawardena has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee while his players have each received 10 per cent fines. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today