London, May 6 : Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has told Wayne Rooney that the secret to a happy marriage is to have children.
The England striker is to wed childhood sweetheart Coleen McLoughlin in Italy next month.
Sir Alex recommended starting a family to the 22-year-olds in a club magazine interview.
The dad of three said: “There will always be ups and downs in any marriage, but having a family helps. It gives you something to work together for. That was the case with us. I’ve been married 41 years now.”
A club source said: “Sir Alex is keen to see young stars settling down. He thinks it encourages them to grow up and keep them out of trouble.” (ANI)
- England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson