New Delhi, Aug 19 : The revolt in the Delhi cricket team has got bigger with as many as seven players boycotting the team''s Ranji camp on Wednesday.
Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma, Rajat Bhatia, Mithun Manhas, Chetan Nanda, Punit Bisht, who backed skipper Virender Sehwag are missing from the conditioning camp at the Ferozshah Kotla.
Delhi started its preparations for the upcoming domestic cricket championship from Wednesday.
On Monday, Sehwag threatened to quit the Delhi side along with other members alleging manipulation in the selection process by the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA).
According to sources, two former Delhi players are trying to persuade Sehwag to come forward for the talks.
Sehwag will meet DDCA president Arun Jaitley later this week to discuss the issue, sources said. (ANI)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation