Mumbai, Nov 20 : Indian cricket's selection committee Saturday decided to rest seniors cricketers like captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh and appointed Gautam Gambhir to lead the side in the first two one-dayers against New Zealand.
The committee that met in Nagpur rested the senior players saying that their injuries require attention and rehabilitation.
All-rounder Yusuf Pathan also makes a come-back in the one-day side while Wriddhiman Saha will be the wicketkeeper.
The five senior players, however, have been included in the Test series in South Africa, where Dhoni will be leading the side. Youngsters like Umesh Yadav, Saha, Jaydev Unadkat and Chetesjwar Pujara also found a place in the 17 member squad.
One-day team (first two ODIs against New Zealand): Gautam Gambhir (captain), Murali Vijay, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Sourav Tiwary, Wriddhiman Saha, (wicketkeeper), R. Ashwin, Praveen Kumar, R. Vinay Kumar, Munaf Patel, Sreesanth, Yusuf Pathan and Ravindra Jadeja
Test team (South Africa series): Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, V. V. S. Laxman, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Wriddhiman Saha, Jaydev Unadkat, Umesh Yadav, Pragyan Ojha.(IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai