London, June 25 : British tennis star Andy Murray believes he is a very nice person, and added, that he does not care much about his image ahead of his first round Wimbledon clash against Nikolay Davidenko. "So, just because I''m a bit negative on court, sometimes, makes me a bad person? I don''t think that''s the case," Daily Express quoted Murray, as saying.
Murray wants to be known as a nice chap to sit down with for a cup of tea saying: "Because I know what I do off the court, with the people around me, I think I''m really a very nice person. I''m very polite to everybody I meet. I don''t say anything bad about any other players". He, however, added that he did not care much about his image.
"I''ve been called everything by many people, criticised by great players, journalists or people in the street. Whatever I say or do, it''s never going to be right. The only thing I can do is try to perform," he said. (ANI)
- I always told myself I could become a better player, says Maria Sharapova
- `Single` Serena Williams reveals heartache
- Maria Sharapova says she’s no glamour diva
- Venus Williams no longer in control of life due to painful condition
- Federer targets becoming biggest grass court legend by winning seventh Wimbledon title