London, Jan 18 : Dundee United and Scotland footballer David Goodwillie has been reportedly charged with raping a woman during a New Year party in West Lothian.
The 24-year-old woman alleged that she was being sexually assaulted during the house party in Armadale on January 2 this year.
The BBC quoted Lothian and Borders Police as saying that 21-year-old Goodwillie has been released on bail.
"A 21-year-old man has been charged in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault on a 24-year-old woman in Armadale on January 2. Inquiries into the incident are ongoing, and no further comment can be made at this time,” Lothian and Borders Police said in a statement.
Goodwillie is scheduled to appear before a Livingston Sheriff Court at a later date. (ANI)
- Uninspiring World Cup, a thing of the past
- Miracle if Man U finish Premier League season unbeaten: Redknapp
- Coach Capello finally gets in touch with Becks
- Millionaire Bernie Ecclestone has to work to care of his daughters’ bills!
- ‘10-hour monthly flights to India’ come as a surprise to Blackburn Rovers’ new manager