London, Feb 21 : Everton striker Louis Saha believes that on the pitch at least, he is one of the unluckiest players of his generation, despite winning two league titles with Manchester United
Saha has two Premier League winners' medals, but he is mentally scarred by the disappointment of missing out on a Champions League final in 2008 with Manchester United, and the World Cup final with France two years earlier.
The Everton striker's impressive form this season has given an insight into what might have been had he not suffered chronic injury problems throughout his career, News of the World reports.
Saha, 31, who offered to play for free when he arrived at Goodison Park, has scored 15 goals in all competitions for Everton this season and has been key to David Moyes' hopes of glory in the Europa League as well as re-qualifying for Europe through the league.
"I had a lot of physical problems at Manchester United and never really got the chance to win a permanent first-team place. I have this feeling that I missed out on something. You find yourself looking for answers. You end up thinking there is a curse on you and that someone wants you to do badly and fail," Saha said.
"During the four and a half years with the club, I went through so many different things. I was supposed to be in the squad for the Champions League final in Moscow in 2008 but it was impossible because of injury. It was the same at the World Cup final with France, when I should have been on the bench but I got a yellow card in the semi-finals and couldn't play.
"Those sorts of moments are tough, very tough. I wonder sometimes how I came through it. It's like being a kid who has been given an extraordinary toy and then is not allowed to play with it," he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai