Sachin will not score 100th ton in Australia: McGrath
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Mon, 01/02/2012 - 08:11
Sydney, Jan 2 - Australian fast bowling legend McGrath predicted that India's Sachin Tendulkar will remain stranded on 99 international centuries at least for the rest of the summer.
McGrath said the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), which will be hosting its 100th international Test, provides Tendulkar the perfect opportunity to achieve the milestone.
"Well the scene is set, there's no doubt about that, Sachin's a class player and to be sitting on 99 (international) hundreds is incredible," McGrath was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
"But I'm tipping our boys will hold him back for another few Tests. It would be nice to see Sachin get his 100th hundred first Test in the next series."
Tendulkar scored his 99th international century in a World Cup group stage match March 12 against South Africa. Since then he has failed to notch his 100th hundred in the away series in England and at home to West Indies.(IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone