Sachin will not score 100th ton in Australia: McGrath
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Mon, 01/02/2012 - 08:11
Sydney, Jan 2 - Australian fast bowling legend McGrath predicted that India's Sachin Tendulkar will remain stranded on 99 international centuries at least for the rest of the summer.
McGrath said the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), which will be hosting its 100th international Test, provides Tendulkar the perfect opportunity to achieve the milestone.
"Well the scene is set, there's no doubt about that, Sachin's a class player and to be sitting on 99 (international) hundreds is incredible," McGrath was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
"But I'm tipping our boys will hold him back for another few Tests. It would be nice to see Sachin get his 100th hundred first Test in the next series."
Tendulkar scored his 99th international century in a World Cup group stage match March 12 against South Africa. Since then he has failed to notch his 100th hundred in the away series in England and at home to West Indies.(IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'