Ahmedabad, March 20 : Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne said his boys showed character in scoring their first win in the third edition of the Indian Premier League.
The 2008 champions defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 34 runs at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera here, after suffering three consecutive defeats in the league.
"We made an ordinary start. The way we played in some of our earlier matches was really embarassing. But the way we played today was great and the guys showed lot of character to win this one," said Warne.
"This is a good start for us and hopefully it will help us to go a long way in this league," he added.
Knight Rider's captain Sourav Ganguly blamed his bowlers for the team's second consecutive loss.
"It was not our best. We need to bowl well and show some intensity on the field," he said.
Ganguly, who scored a 29-ball 33, said the Motera track was slow.
"But they (Royals) bowled pretty well in the middle overs. Now we have to play well and win matches to take off the pressure. We have to get our act right," he said.(IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai