Ahmedabad, March 20 : Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne said his boys showed character in scoring their first win in the third edition of the Indian Premier League.
The 2008 champions defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 34 runs at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera here, after suffering three consecutive defeats in the league.
"We made an ordinary start. The way we played in some of our earlier matches was really embarassing. But the way we played today was great and the guys showed lot of character to win this one," said Warne.
"This is a good start for us and hopefully it will help us to go a long way in this league," he added.
Knight Rider's captain Sourav Ganguly blamed his bowlers for the team's second consecutive loss.
"It was not our best. We need to bowl well and show some intensity on the field," he said.
Ganguly, who scored a 29-ball 33, said the Motera track was slow.
"But they (Royals) bowled pretty well in the middle overs. Now we have to play well and win matches to take off the pressure. We have to get our act right," he said.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today