Ahmedabad, March 20 : Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Warne said his boys showed character in scoring their first win in the third edition of the Indian Premier League.
The 2008 champions defeated Kolkata Knight Riders by 34 runs at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera here, after suffering three consecutive defeats in the league.
"We made an ordinary start. The way we played in some of our earlier matches was really embarassing. But the way we played today was great and the guys showed lot of character to win this one," said Warne.
"This is a good start for us and hopefully it will help us to go a long way in this league," he added.
Knight Rider's captain Sourav Ganguly blamed his bowlers for the team's second consecutive loss.
"It was not our best. We need to bowl well and show some intensity on the field," he said.
Ganguly, who scored a 29-ball 33, said the Motera track was slow.
"But they (Royals) bowled pretty well in the middle overs. Now we have to play well and win matches to take off the pressure. We have to get our act right," he said.(IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'