London, Oct 25 : Three members of the Rooney family apart from Wayne Rooney’s dad and uncle have links with the footballer arrested in connection with an alleged 100,000 pound betting sting.
Steve Jennings, 26, is Facebook pals with Wayne’s brothers Graeme, 23, and John, 20 — and his 26-year-old cousin Thomas Rooney, The Sun reports.
There is no suggestion the trio are involved in any wrongdoing.
Jennings, who played alongside Wayne when they were both promising youngsters at Everton, is one of nine people arrested and bailed by police.
Wayne’s dad Wayne Snr, 48, and his uncle Ritchie Rooney, 54, were among those arrested in the raids on Merseyside on Thursday.
A solicitor representing Wayne Snr said he “vigorously denied all the allegations.”
Another relative has insisted Wayne’s uncle is innocent, saying: “He doesn’t know anything about it.”
Jennings, a midfielder with Scottish Premier League outfit Motherwell, was arrested over suspicious betting patterns surrounding his sending-off during a game between his side and Hearts last December, the paper reports. (ANI)
- Pietersen intends to play all forms of cricket for England
- Joey Barton wants to name 1st kid Haribo after favourite jelly treats!
- Zara Phillips ‘back in the saddle’ after showdown talks with Mike Tindall
- Capello OK with England players’ drinking as long as team wins
- Beckham chooses family over Paris St Germain’s multi-million pounds deal