London, June 14 : Wayne Rooney was seen with a new haircut as he arrived for a training session during Euro 2012 in Krakow and it looked similar to the style Michael Fassbender sported in his role as robot David in new movie `Prometheus'.
The 26-year-old footballer's new look saw him keep his hair thick on the top in a quiff-style, while having the sides shaved to give him a mohican-type style.
Rooney had paid an astonishing 30,000 pounds for a hair transplant at a central London clinic at the beginning of June last year, so it is surprising that he shaved his hair, even just on sides.
"Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25, why not? I'm delighted with the result," the Daily Mail quoted Rooney as saying in the days following the procedure.
Fans of Ridley Scott's `Prometheus' - a prequel to the hit `Alien' franchise - will know that Fassbender's character David's hair is quite literally his crowning glory.
In the film, David is seen watching actor Alec Guinness in `Lawrence Of Arabia', and looking on intently in a bid to resemble the look as closely as possible.
Talking about his hair in a recent interview, Fassbender explained that he had taken inspiration for the look from both `Lawrence of Arabia' and David Bowie.
"I liked the idea of having a feminine quality to him for sure. Both Lawrence and David Bowie have elements of that," he said. (ANI)
- England side suffering in Euro 2012 due to Rooney’s absence: Hodgson
- Redknapp’s time as Tottenham manager likely to end after talks breakdown
- Lance Armstrong dismisses US Anti-Doping Agency charges as ‘spiteful’
- ‘Flummoxed’ Button reveals frustration over getting lapped by Hamilton at Canada GP
- Haye indicates Chisora bout may be his last if Vitali Klitshcko ‘calls it a day’