Rio de Janeiro, Dec 28 : Rio de Janeiro is to unveil the logo of the 2016 Olympics at a New Year's party on its world famous Copacabana beach Friday.
Two million people are expected to attend the beach party, organizers said Tuesday. Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, will be the guest of honour.
The logo is to be shown on a giant screen and displayed on three flags on the beach at 10 p. m. (0000 GMT). The unveiling will be followed by a fireworks display to welcome 2011.
A total of 139 firms presented bids for the logo of the first Olympics ever to be held in South America. Eight were chosen as finalists, but the winner and the design remain a secret until Friday.(DPA)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'