Rio de Janeiro, Dec 28 : Rio de Janeiro is to unveil the logo of the 2016 Olympics at a New Year's party on its world famous Copacabana beach Friday.
Two million people are expected to attend the beach party, organizers said Tuesday. Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, will be the guest of honour.
The logo is to be shown on a giant screen and displayed on three flags on the beach at 10 p. m. (0000 GMT). The unveiling will be followed by a fireworks display to welcome 2011.
A total of 139 firms presented bids for the logo of the first Olympics ever to be held in South America. Eight were chosen as finalists, but the winner and the design remain a secret until Friday.(DPA)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!