Rio de Janeiro, Dec 28 : Rio de Janeiro is to unveil the logo of the 2016 Olympics at a New Year's party on its world famous Copacabana beach Friday.
Two million people are expected to attend the beach party, organizers said Tuesday. Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, will be the guest of honour.
The logo is to be shown on a giant screen and displayed on three flags on the beach at 10 p. m. (0000 GMT). The unveiling will be followed by a fireworks display to welcome 2011.
A total of 139 firms presented bids for the logo of the first Olympics ever to be held in South America. Eight were chosen as finalists, but the winner and the design remain a secret until Friday.(DPA)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan