Rio de Janeiro, Dec 28 : Rio de Janeiro is to unveil the logo of the 2016 Olympics at a New Year's party on its world famous Copacabana beach Friday.
Two million people are expected to attend the beach party, organizers said Tuesday. Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, will be the guest of honour.
The logo is to be shown on a giant screen and displayed on three flags on the beach at 10 p. m. (0000 GMT). The unveiling will be followed by a fireworks display to welcome 2011.
A total of 139 firms presented bids for the logo of the first Olympics ever to be held in South America. Eight were chosen as finalists, but the winner and the design remain a secret until Friday.(DPA)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today