Rio de Janeiro, Dec 28 : Rio de Janeiro is to unveil the logo of the 2016 Olympics at a New Year's party on its world famous Copacabana beach Friday.
Two million people are expected to attend the beach party, organizers said Tuesday. Jacques Rogge, president of the International Olympic Committee, will be the guest of honour.
The logo is to be shown on a giant screen and displayed on three flags on the beach at 10 p. m. (0000 GMT). The unveiling will be followed by a fireworks display to welcome 2011.
A total of 139 firms presented bids for the logo of the first Olympics ever to be held in South America. Eight were chosen as finalists, but the winner and the design remain a secret until Friday.(DPA)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone