London, July 5: Ex-skipper of the English soccer team Rio Ferdinand might have stepped into the shoes of scandal-hit John Terry and accepted the captaincy but now the High Court is hearing about a secret affair of his own.
The Man United defender took over as the captain in February 2010 after Terry’s alleged affair with French beauty Vanessa Perroncel was revealed.
Surprisingly, though coach Fabio Capello insisted that his captain had to set an example, he had no knowledge of Ferdinand’s undercover affair.
Ferdinand had romped with interior designer Carly Storey for 13 years since his first dating her when he was a 17-year-old West Ham reserve.
The 32-year-old footballer has now been seeking damages from a newspaper, which revealed his private affair in April 2010, reports the Sun.
The injured star, who handed back the captain’s role to Terry in March, has two sons and a daughter with wife Rebecca Ellison.
The hearing is expected to last three days. (ANI)
- English counties reject ECB move to restart 50-over cricket
- Pietersen admits that he must score big again
- Ashley to gift ex-Cheryl 3rd wedding rock ''visible from space'' for remarriage
- West Ham denies irregularities in Olympic Stadium bid
- Nadal says he is playing well against all, including Djokovic