Dhaka, Feb 18 : While cricketing experts are emphasising the importance of spinners in the World Cup beginning Saturday, Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni Friday said reverse swing would be as crucial on the sub-continental pitches.
"One of the messages I hear is that spinners will play a major role in the tournament. That does not mean fast bowlers don't have a major contribution to make," Dhoni said.
"It's a tournament where reverse swing will come into action and where fast bowlers will contribute in the poweplay and the slog overs," Dhoni told reporters on the eve of the opening World Cup match of India against Bangladesh Saturday.
"If the opposition does not have wickets in hand and the fast bowlers can utilise the conditions when the ball gets old, then it can be tricky," Dhoni said. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today