London, Nov 29 : Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye, who officially retired in October this year, has confirmed that his team is in talks about a fight with Vitali Klitschko in March 2012.
Haye is ready to fight again if the opportunity arose for him to avenge his July defeat at the hands of Wladimir Klitschko or take on his elder brother.
“I haven’t seen a contract but there’s definitely talks going on,” Haye told the BBC’s Hardtalk programme.
“I said before I retired I would love that fight and there’s a date in March that’s already been talked about,” he said.
The Ukrainian brothers always claimed negotiations had been taking place over a meeting with Vitali, the WBC champion, following Haye’s unification loss to IBF/WBO champion Wladimir in Hamburg earlier this year, The Daily Mail reports.
Haye himself had already stated he had merely “retired from fighting anyone without the Klitschko surname” as he looks to redeem himself following a poor showing against Wladimir in the summer.
A date in early March has long been talked about, in all likelihood to be staged in Dusseldorf in Germany. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone