Hamburg - Lance Armstrong returns to competitive cycling this weekend when he takes part in two time trial events in Gruene, Texas, the cycling news internet site reported Wednesday.
The 37-year-old American has registered for Saturday's 26- kilometre-long individual time trial before joining John Korioth for Sunday's team event over 44km.
Armstrong, who competed in the same event 12 years ago with five- time Tour winner Eddy Merckx of Belgium, makes his official return to cycling in January in the Tour Down Under in Australia. (dpa)
Hamburg - Lewis Hamilton is just one step away from being crowned Formula One's youngest ever world drivers' champion in only his second season in the sport.
Hamburg - Bayern Munich came from two goals down at home to Vfl Wolfsburg to eventually run out easy 4-2 winners Saturday as Juergen Klinsmann's side continued their Bundesliga recovery.
A Grafite penalty and a goal from Edin Dzeko put Felix Magath's side in early command against his former club but Franck Ribery began the revival that was completed by second-half goals from Mark van Bommel, substitute Tim Borowski and Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Hamburg - VfB Stuttgart striker Cacau will play in Sunday's Bundesliga match against VfL Bochum, coach Armin Veh confirmed.
Cacau was missing for Stuttgart's 2-0 defeat at the hands of Sevilla in the UEFA Cup Thursday but the Brazilian is expected to replace midfielder Martin Lanig for the game on the weekend.
"Cacau will come back in," said Veh. "I rested him because the game against Bochum is more important."
Defender Serdar Tasci, who was also rested against Sevilla, is expected to return to the centre of defence. dpa
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'