Athens, Oct 12 - In a crucial FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifying game held in Athens, Greece's national team beat Slovakia 1-0 Friday evening.
Slovak centre back Martin Skrtel scored an own goal on the
Athens - Greek prosecutors began investigations into women's 400-metre hurdler Fani Halkia Monday following the runner's failed dope test ahead of last month's Beijing Olympic Games.
"I didn't know that I had taken something that was banned," Halkia told Greek television after her first appearance before a magistrate where she was given four days to prepare her defence.
Seekirchen, Austria - Greek football officials on Thursday dismissed reports that leading players have demanded a more offensive game plan in a meeting with coach Otto Rehhagel in the wake of an opening Euro 2008 disaster.
Team spokesman Michael Tsalpidis said such a meeting did not take place.
Athens- Greek authorities searched a warehouse in the central city of Larissa Wednesday as part of a large-scale investigation into the alleged use of banned substances by 11 Olympic weightlifters, reports said.
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai