Athens, Oct 12 - In a crucial FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifying game held in Athens, Greece's national team beat Slovakia 1-0 Friday evening.
Slovak centre back Martin Skrtel scored an own goal on the
Athens - Greek prosecutors began investigations into women's 400-metre hurdler Fani Halkia Monday following the runner's failed dope test ahead of last month's Beijing Olympic Games.
"I didn't know that I had taken something that was banned," Halkia told Greek television after her first appearance before a magistrate where she was given four days to prepare her defence.
Seekirchen, Austria - Greek football officials on Thursday dismissed reports that leading players have demanded a more offensive game plan in a meeting with coach Otto Rehhagel in the wake of an opening Euro 2008 disaster.
Team spokesman Michael Tsalpidis said such a meeting did not take place.
Athens- Greek authorities searched a warehouse in the central city of Larissa Wednesday as part of a large-scale investigation into the alleged use of banned substances by 11 Olympic weightlifters, reports said.
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'