Athens, Oct 12 - In a crucial FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifying game held in Athens, Greece's national team beat Slovakia 1-0 Friday evening.
Slovak centre back Martin Skrtel scored an own goal on the
Athens - Greek prosecutors began investigations into women's 400-metre hurdler Fani Halkia Monday following the runner's failed dope test ahead of last month's Beijing Olympic Games.
"I didn't know that I had taken something that was banned," Halkia told Greek television after her first appearance before a magistrate where she was given four days to prepare her defence.
Seekirchen, Austria - Greek football officials on Thursday dismissed reports that leading players have demanded a more offensive game plan in a meeting with coach Otto Rehhagel in the wake of an opening Euro 2008 disaster.
Team spokesman Michael Tsalpidis said such a meeting did not take place.
Athens- Greek authorities searched a warehouse in the central city of Larissa Wednesday as part of a large-scale investigation into the alleged use of banned substances by 11 Olympic weightlifters, reports said.
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today