Athens, Oct 12 - In a crucial FIFA 2014 World Cup qualifying game held in Athens, Greece's national team beat Slovakia 1-0 Friday evening.
Slovak centre back Martin Skrtel scored an own goal on the
Athens - Greek prosecutors began investigations into women's 400-metre hurdler Fani Halkia Monday following the runner's failed dope test ahead of last month's Beijing Olympic Games.
"I didn't know that I had taken something that was banned," Halkia told Greek television after her first appearance before a magistrate where she was given four days to prepare her defence.
Seekirchen, Austria - Greek football officials on Thursday dismissed reports that leading players have demanded a more offensive game plan in a meeting with coach Otto Rehhagel in the wake of an opening Euro 2008 disaster.
Team spokesman Michael Tsalpidis said such a meeting did not take place.
Athens- Greek authorities searched a warehouse in the central city of Larissa Wednesday as part of a large-scale investigation into the alleged use of banned substances by 11 Olympic weightlifters, reports said.
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'