Bengaluru, May 6: Daniel Vettori, captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore, has said that they still have a good chance of making it to the semi-finals of the Indian Premier League tournament.
Vettori said this while talking to mediapersons after a practice session at Bangalore''s Chinnaswamy stadium.
"No strategies as such. We''re trying to win every game. If we look at the points table, then right now we have a good chance of making it to the semis but there are some apprehensions as nothing is guaranteed. So the best thing you can do is try and win every game you play," said Vettori.
He also lauded the bowling skill of Virat Kohli and said that Kohli has been an asset for the team throughout the tournament.
"He (Virat Kohli) might be having some experiences of his own. His bowling has been quite crucial in the last two ones against Delhi. He got some important wickets. And in the last couple of overs with Yuvraj Singh
(of Kings XI Punjab) can really seal the game for us.
"He (Kohli) bowled in the hardest times in the last innings, and (batting wise) there is always a chance for us to go for more runs. But he is a guy I look to when I want a wicket. So I don''t think that it will change throughout the competition," he said.
The Royal Challengers will face the Kings XI Punjab at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on Friday (May 06). (ANI)
- Good Fielding, bowling helped RCB win against Pune Warriors: Kohli
- Focus necessary to maintain winning momentum in IPL: Virat Kohli
- Royal Challengers Bangalore sweating hard to get back to winning ways
- Ponting looking forward to facing ‘unpredictable’ Pak team on Saturday
- Tantrum throwing Ponting could spend more time exploring post career options