London, Oct. 29 : Queens Park Ranger star Anton Ferdinand is furious with Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas for continuing to back England skipper John Terry publicly on the alleged racist-related row that took place between the two players when the two sides met recently, and that too before FA and police investigations have concluded.
Villas-Boas has declared that "nothing happened" and it was a "big misunderstanding" and that the race row is "based only on speculation."
The Portuguese boss also insisted the country should be proud of Terry as he is the Three Lions captain.
According to The Sun, the Ferdinand camp is now thinking of putting out a statement early next week to put their side of the case publicly following the game at Loftus Road last Sunday.
Ferdinand faced the FA for two hours on Friday to give his side of the race row and will submit a written account on Monday. Terry also spoke with the FA.
A source said: "Anton and those close to him cannot believe Chelsea continue to back Terry publicly when they haven''t conducted a proper investigation — like speaking to anyone at QPR.”
Terry, who faces Arsenal today, denies making racist comments during the club''s 1-0 defeat at QPR. (ANI)
- Clash with Chelsea will show if Arsenal are back for good: Wenger
- Jury to resume probe of Pakistan cricketers spot-fixing trial on Monday
- Crouch’s ‘horror rendition’ of Travolta’s ‘Saturday Night Fever’ dance
- Vaughan wants most English wickets to be slow turning pitches found on subcontinent
- Chelsea FC lose fan vote on stadium