The Hague, Feb 3 - PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar qualified for the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with PSV beating NEC Nijmegen 3-2 and AZ defeating amateur side G. V. V. V 2-1.
PSV had a difficult evening in Eindhoven Thursday. Dries Mertens put the home team in front after five minutes, but Nick van der Velden profited from defensive mistakes ten minutes later and equalized.
Five minutes before half-time Tim Matavz and Kevin Strootman gave PSV a comfortable lead.
"I am pleased that the goal of reaching the next round was reached," PSV coach Fred Rutten was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "We would love to win the Cup, but the way it happened tonight made me less happy." (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan