The Hague, Feb 3 - PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar qualified for the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with PSV beating NEC Nijmegen 3-2 and AZ defeating amateur side G. V. V. V 2-1.
PSV had a difficult evening in Eindhoven Thursday. Dries Mertens put the home team in front after five minutes, but Nick van der Velden profited from defensive mistakes ten minutes later and equalized.
Five minutes before half-time Tim Matavz and Kevin Strootman gave PSV a comfortable lead.
"I am pleased that the goal of reaching the next round was reached," PSV coach Fred Rutten was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "We would love to win the Cup, but the way it happened tonight made me less happy." (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today