The Hague, Feb 3 - PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar qualified for the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with PSV beating NEC Nijmegen 3-2 and AZ defeating amateur side G. V. V. V 2-1.
PSV had a difficult evening in Eindhoven Thursday. Dries Mertens put the home team in front after five minutes, but Nick van der Velden profited from defensive mistakes ten minutes later and equalized.
Five minutes before half-time Tim Matavz and Kevin Strootman gave PSV a comfortable lead.
"I am pleased that the goal of reaching the next round was reached," PSV coach Fred Rutten was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "We would love to win the Cup, but the way it happened tonight made me less happy." (IANS)
- 'Hobbit' star Dean O'Gorman to portray Kirk Douglas in 'Trumbo'
- Nicole Scherzinger earned 100K pounds to perform at Russian tycoon's party
- Cheryl Cole to set up own record label to rival Simon Cowell's Syco
- Demi Lovato suffers 'minor' arm injury just before Texas concert
- Motherhood is wonderful, says Kerry Washington
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting