The Hague, Feb 3 - PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar qualified for the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with PSV beating NEC Nijmegen 3-2 and AZ defeating amateur side G. V. V. V 2-1.
PSV had a difficult evening in Eindhoven Thursday. Dries Mertens put the home team in front after five minutes, but Nick van der Velden profited from defensive mistakes ten minutes later and equalized.
Five minutes before half-time Tim Matavz and Kevin Strootman gave PSV a comfortable lead.
"I am pleased that the goal of reaching the next round was reached," PSV coach Fred Rutten was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "We would love to win the Cup, but the way it happened tonight made me less happy." (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'