The Hague, Feb 3 - PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar qualified for the semi-finals of the Dutch Cup, with PSV beating NEC Nijmegen 3-2 and AZ defeating amateur side G. V. V. V 2-1.
PSV had a difficult evening in Eindhoven Thursday. Dries Mertens put the home team in front after five minutes, but Nick van der Velden profited from defensive mistakes ten minutes later and equalized.
Five minutes before half-time Tim Matavz and Kevin Strootman gave PSV a comfortable lead.
"I am pleased that the goal of reaching the next round was reached," PSV coach Fred Rutten was quoted as saying by Xinhua. "We would love to win the Cup, but the way it happened tonight made me less happy." (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai