London, Sept 30 : England soccer star and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has taken to his Twitter page to announce the news of the birth of his son.
The 19-year-old `proud dad' also added a touching black and white photo of his son Archie after his girlfriend Lauren Neal gave birth to their first child on Thursday.
The picture shows him kissing his baby's forehead.
"The proudest day of my life today! Archie Jack Wilshere was born at 15.06 uk time and weighed 7lb 11oz. I am the happiest man in the world!", he tweeted to his fans.
He split with Lauren, 22, who works as a hairdresser, at the start of this year but they rekindled their relationship this summer.
Wilshere, who is recovering from his injury, split with his 22-year-old girlfriend at the beginning of the year, but the couple rekindled their romance when Lauren found out she was pregnant.
"They're both delighted. It took time to sink in as it wasn't exactly planned," the Daily Mail quoted a source close to the couple as telling The Sun. (ANI)
- Fabregas signs 16 million pound Puma boot deal
- ‘Super-rich’ Man U goalie David de Gea escapes penalty over stolen doughnut
- Soon, a football with brain that helps you compare your game with Messi
- England play six Tests, 13 ODIs and four T-20s next summer
- Scholes understands Tevez’s refusal to play against Bayern Munich