Sydney, Feb 18 : Australian batsman Ricky Ponting believes he still deserves a place in the Australian one-day team despite scoring 11 runs in four innings with an average of 2.75 in the ongoing tri-series.
"I think I am (worth a place in the team), but you''d better ask the selectors what they think about that," The Fox quoted Ponting, as saying.
Ponting said it's the selectors job to decide whether he will stay in the team or not.
`My last four games have not been what they would have liked but I guess if the selectors were thinking that way already, then they probably wouldn''t have picked me for the start of the series," he said.
He further said that he is aware that mere reputation won't be good enough to keep him in the Australian one-day squad.
"But saying that, it''s not just reputation that is going to get you picked.
You have to score runs that are what it''s all about. I know that as well as anyone," he said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan