Sydney, Feb 18 : Australian batsman Ricky Ponting believes he still deserves a place in the Australian one-day team despite scoring 11 runs in four innings with an average of 2.75 in the ongoing tri-series.
"I think I am (worth a place in the team), but you''d better ask the selectors what they think about that," The Fox quoted Ponting, as saying.
Ponting said it's the selectors job to decide whether he will stay in the team or not.
`My last four games have not been what they would have liked but I guess if the selectors were thinking that way already, then they probably wouldn''t have picked me for the start of the series," he said.
He further said that he is aware that mere reputation won't be good enough to keep him in the Australian one-day squad.
"But saying that, it''s not just reputation that is going to get you picked.
You have to score runs that are what it''s all about. I know that as well as anyone," he said. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai