Sydney, Feb 18 : Australian batsman Ricky Ponting believes he still deserves a place in the Australian one-day team despite scoring 11 runs in four innings with an average of 2.75 in the ongoing tri-series.
"I think I am (worth a place in the team), but you''d better ask the selectors what they think about that," The Fox quoted Ponting, as saying.
Ponting said it's the selectors job to decide whether he will stay in the team or not.
`My last four games have not been what they would have liked but I guess if the selectors were thinking that way already, then they probably wouldn''t have picked me for the start of the series," he said.
He further said that he is aware that mere reputation won't be good enough to keep him in the Australian one-day squad.
"But saying that, it''s not just reputation that is going to get you picked.
You have to score runs that are what it''s all about. I know that as well as anyone," he said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today