Melbourne, Oct. 26 : Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has said that he will target England batsmen Kevin Pietersen and Alistair Cook during the forthcoming Ashes series, as he sees them as the weak link in that line-up.
Speaking on Fox Sports program Inside Cricket, Ponting said: "There''s been a few other cracks opening up in their batting which is interesting right at the moment."
"(Alastair) Cook is a battling away a little bit and (Kevin) Pietersen not having made a hundred for 12 months. If they come to Australia in that sort of form as well, then they will be under more pressure than ever in their careers before," he added.
Cook averaged just 24.66 against Australia last English summer and needed a second-innings century against Pakistan this August to secure his place on the plane to Australia.
Pietersen, who has been a thorn in Australia''s side since his debut in 2005, has also been struggling for runs.
The South African born batsman has averaged just 36.90 since the start of the 2009 Ashes series and has not made a Test hundred since March last year. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone