Melbourne, Oct. 26 : Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has said that he will target England batsmen Kevin Pietersen and Alistair Cook during the forthcoming Ashes series, as he sees them as the weak link in that line-up.
Speaking on Fox Sports program Inside Cricket, Ponting said: "There''s been a few other cracks opening up in their batting which is interesting right at the moment."
"(Alastair) Cook is a battling away a little bit and (Kevin) Pietersen not having made a hundred for 12 months. If they come to Australia in that sort of form as well, then they will be under more pressure than ever in their careers before," he added.
Cook averaged just 24.66 against Australia last English summer and needed a second-innings century against Pakistan this August to secure his place on the plane to Australia.
Pietersen, who has been a thorn in Australia''s side since his debut in 2005, has also been struggling for runs.
The South African born batsman has averaged just 36.90 since the start of the 2009 Ashes series and has not made a Test hundred since March last year. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today