Melbourne, Oct. 26 : Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has said that he will target England batsmen Kevin Pietersen and Alistair Cook during the forthcoming Ashes series, as he sees them as the weak link in that line-up.
Speaking on Fox Sports program Inside Cricket, Ponting said: "There''s been a few other cracks opening up in their batting which is interesting right at the moment."
"(Alastair) Cook is a battling away a little bit and (Kevin) Pietersen not having made a hundred for 12 months. If they come to Australia in that sort of form as well, then they will be under more pressure than ever in their careers before," he added.
Cook averaged just 24.66 against Australia last English summer and needed a second-innings century against Pakistan this August to secure his place on the plane to Australia.
Pietersen, who has been a thorn in Australia''s side since his debut in 2005, has also been struggling for runs.
The South African born batsman has averaged just 36.90 since the start of the 2009 Ashes series and has not made a Test hundred since March last year. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish