London, Dec 18 : England batsman Kevin Pietersen, who irritated pacer Mitchell Johnson by sarcastically asking for his phone number on Thursday and again yesterday, was branded a ‘smarta***’ by the Australian speedster, as sledging took centrestage at the Ashes.
“I think he was being a bit of a smarta***. I don’t think he was being friendly,” The Sun quoted Johnson, as saying
Johnson had the last say by taking 6-38 with a brilliant display of left-arm swing bowling, including Pietersen’s wicket for a third-ball duck.
“I didn’t give him any phone number, that’s for sure. I did say something to him but I can’t give out that information. I was pretty happy to get his wicket,” Johnson said.
“I need to keep my emotions in check. and I think I did that. I was fired up enough but also worried about where I wanted to put the ball. I enjoyed the wickets,” he said.
After Matt Prior was dismissed, the England wicketkeeper exchanged verbal volleys with fast bowler Peter Siddle and captain Ricky Ponting.
Prior made a gesture some interpreted as though he was asking Siddle outside for a fight.
But an England spokesman insisted: “Matt says there was nothing about ‘see you outside’ in what happened. It was just banter, nothing more than that.” (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'