London, Apr. 22: Former Brazilian football star Pele has called for drugs cheat Diego Maradona of Argentina to be stripped of his football gongs.
“Why is it Olympic sportsmen lose their medals when they are caught taking drugs, and not him?” Pele asked.
“Maradona was a great player but he couldn’t kick with his right foot, he couldn’t head the ball. He wasn’t complete,” The Sun quoted 67-year-old Pele, as saying in an interview to a Brazilian paper.
Pele said he rated 1950s Real Madrid star Alfredo Di Stefano higher.
Maradona, now 47, was banned for cocaine use in 1991 and steroids in 1994. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'