London, Apr. 22: Former Brazilian football star Pele has called for drugs cheat Diego Maradona of Argentina to be stripped of his football gongs.
“Why is it Olympic sportsmen lose their medals when they are caught taking drugs, and not him?” Pele asked.
“Maradona was a great player but he couldn’t kick with his right foot, he couldn’t head the ball. He wasn’t complete,” The Sun quoted 67-year-old Pele, as saying in an interview to a Brazilian paper.
Pele said he rated 1950s Real Madrid star Alfredo Di Stefano higher.
Maradona, now 47, was banned for cocaine use in 1991 and steroids in 1994. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone