London, Apr. 22: Former Brazilian football star Pele has called for drugs cheat Diego Maradona of Argentina to be stripped of his football gongs.
“Why is it Olympic sportsmen lose their medals when they are caught taking drugs, and not him?” Pele asked.
“Maradona was a great player but he couldn’t kick with his right foot, he couldn’t head the ball. He wasn’t complete,” The Sun quoted 67-year-old Pele, as saying in an interview to a Brazilian paper.
Pele said he rated 1950s Real Madrid star Alfredo Di Stefano higher.
Maradona, now 47, was banned for cocaine use in 1991 and steroids in 1994. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today