London, Apr. 22: Former Brazilian football star Pele has called for drugs cheat Diego Maradona of Argentina to be stripped of his football gongs.
“Why is it Olympic sportsmen lose their medals when they are caught taking drugs, and not him?” Pele asked.
“Maradona was a great player but he couldn’t kick with his right foot, he couldn’t head the ball. He wasn’t complete,” The Sun quoted 67-year-old Pele, as saying in an interview to a Brazilian paper.
Pele said he rated 1950s Real Madrid star Alfredo Di Stefano higher.
Maradona, now 47, was banned for cocaine use in 1991 and steroids in 1994. (ANI)
- England pacer Onions hopeful about playing part in Ashes Down Under
- Alonso urges Ferrari to take on Red Bull challenge
- Ex-racer Watson slams Schumacher for ‘ugly animal instinct’ act against Barrichello
- ‘ProBatter’, the bowling robot that replicates deliveries of any bowler in the world
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson