Lahore, Feb. 8 : PCB chief Ijaz Butt has said that findings of the committee probing Pakistan’s dismal performance on the Australian tour will not only decide the future of many players but also determine Pakistan’s long term captain.
“Mohammad Yousuf was appointed only as captain for the tour of New Zealand and Australia and Shahid Afridi was of course due to captain the team for the Twenty/20 in Australia, but Shoaib Malik was the replacement captain for that particular match,” pakpassion. net quoted Ijaz Butt, as saying.
“No decision will be made on long term captaincy issues until the committee have submitted their findings. We need to look at the report before we decide who will captain the team in the future,” he added.
Butt added that the PCB probe committee will look very closely at events in Australia and report back accordingly.
Commenting on Shahid Afridi’s ball tampering incident in the 5th ODI against Australia, Butt said the incident won’t affect Afridi’s candidature for Pakistan’s future captain.
“I don''t really want to say too much regarding the ball tampering incident and let''s wait and see what the report has to say before any decisions are made regarding Afridi and the captaincy. As I said, all the captaincy issues will be settled after the committee findings are submitted at the end of this month,” Butt said. (ANI)
- Pak’s Dutch hockey coach likely to snub training camp over security concerns
- ‘Shallow’ PCB has no continuity, structure: Ex-Pak player
- Pak Sports Ministry says no request by PCB to clear Sri Lankan team terror attack report
- Retirement from Test cricket not due to team differences: Afridi
- Akram says ‘knee-jerk’ reactions bane of Pak cricket