Karachi, Oct 31 : Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s new chairman Zaka Ashraf is likely to fire some senior officials and also make some placement changes, it has been claimed.
“There is a big chance that he will have a new chief operating officer while existing CCO Subhan Ahmad will be entrusted the task of heading the international wing of the board as the new chairman is keen to start lobbying to bring back international cricket to Pakistan,” the Daily Times quoted a source, as saying.
The source also claims that Ashraf wants the board’s international wing to function effectively and is expected to give this responsibility to Subhan due to his experience in dealing with the International Cricket Council
(ICC) and other boards.
“Former Test players Salim Altaf and Majid Khan are in the run to be given the job of COO, although former Test captain Zaheer Abbas is making serious efforts to get the coveted post,” another source said. (ANI)
- Whatmore wants ''consistent show'' from Pak team during India series
- Pak cricketers say words not enough to sing Sachin''s praise
- Future of Indian fast bowling ''bleak'', time to give new faces a chance: Akram
- Every Pak player needs to perform during India series, says Misbah
- Akram advises PCB not to treat players like schoolboys during India tour