Lahore, Jan 20 : The Pakistan Cricket Board has issued a notice to team coach Waqar Younis for issuing a statement regarding the selectors’ decision to withhold the name of the captain while announcing the final 15-member squad for next month’s World Cup.
Waqar had said: “I am surprised that the board has delayed announcing the captain. I don’t know the reasons for this but personally I think the captain should have been named with the team.”
PCB Media General Manager Nadeem Sarwar confirmed that the board had issued a notice to Waqar, and demanded an explanation from him on his remarks about the captaincy issue.
“We have asked him to give an explanation on his statement that he was surprised by the decision not to announce the captain for the World Cup,” The Nation quoted Sarwar, as saying.
Under PCB’s media policy, it was binding on all the team officials and players to avoid giving statements that questioned or negated the policies of the board, he added.
In recent times, the PCB has adopted a new media policy for the players and officials, and come down hard on any violations of this policy, which include limiting direct interaction with journalists and depending more on press releases.
On Wednesday, coach Waqar guided the national team to its first Test series win since 2006, when Pakistan defeated New Zealand 1-0 in the two-match series. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'