Islamabad, Sept 14: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering the names of Moin Khan, Aaqib Javed and Sabih Azhar to succeed outgoing head coach Waqar Younis, a Pakistani newspaper has said, attributing to sources.
Aaqib Javed has been associated with the PCB in some capacity since long, but appointing him as coach will serve no purpose to the board or the players, as he lacks basic coaching methods, The Nation said in a report.
Same is the case with Moin Khan, who has no previous experience of even club level coaching, the paper said, adding that he can be a disaster for the team, if given the chance of coaching the national side.
The PCB must hire his services as a backroom staff member and groom him for future assignment, it suggested.
Sabih Azhar, who is the Rawalpindi Rams coach, is the most suitable person among all these above mentioned persons, as he is highly qualified and done coaching courses both at national and international levels, the paper said.
It noted that Sabih has the experience of coaching different club sides and has also won national tournaments with different regions.
If given a chance, Sabih can produce desired results and can do the job for longer period, as he has the complete knowledge of club level cricket and had travelled to different parts of the country during his coaching assignments, said the paper. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today