Islamabad, Sept 14: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering the names of Moin Khan, Aaqib Javed and Sabih Azhar to succeed outgoing head coach Waqar Younis, a Pakistani newspaper has said, attributing to sources.
Aaqib Javed has been associated with the PCB in some capacity since long, but appointing him as coach will serve no purpose to the board or the players, as he lacks basic coaching methods, The Nation said in a report.
Same is the case with Moin Khan, who has no previous experience of even club level coaching, the paper said, adding that he can be a disaster for the team, if given the chance of coaching the national side.
The PCB must hire his services as a backroom staff member and groom him for future assignment, it suggested.
Sabih Azhar, who is the Rawalpindi Rams coach, is the most suitable person among all these above mentioned persons, as he is highly qualified and done coaching courses both at national and international levels, the paper said.
It noted that Sabih has the experience of coaching different club sides and has also won national tournaments with different regions.
If given a chance, Sabih can produce desired results and can do the job for longer period, as he has the complete knowledge of club level cricket and had travelled to different parts of the country during his coaching assignments, said the paper. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone