Islamabad, Sept 14: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering the names of Moin Khan, Aaqib Javed and Sabih Azhar to succeed outgoing head coach Waqar Younis, a Pakistani newspaper has said, attributing to sources.
Aaqib Javed has been associated with the PCB in some capacity since long, but appointing him as coach will serve no purpose to the board or the players, as he lacks basic coaching methods, The Nation said in a report.
Same is the case with Moin Khan, who has no previous experience of even club level coaching, the paper said, adding that he can be a disaster for the team, if given the chance of coaching the national side.
The PCB must hire his services as a backroom staff member and groom him for future assignment, it suggested.
Sabih Azhar, who is the Rawalpindi Rams coach, is the most suitable person among all these above mentioned persons, as he is highly qualified and done coaching courses both at national and international levels, the paper said.
It noted that Sabih has the experience of coaching different club sides and has also won national tournaments with different regions.
If given a chance, Sabih can produce desired results and can do the job for longer period, as he has the complete knowledge of club level cricket and had travelled to different parts of the country during his coaching assignments, said the paper. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai