Brisbane, Mar 3 : Victorian fast bowler James Pattinson has performed well enough in his comeback match to put a question mark on veteran Brett Lee''s inclusion in the Australian squad for the best-of-three Commonwealth Bank series finals against Sri Lanka.
On Friday, Pattinson took four wickets for 51 in the 12th one-day international match of the series to bundle out Sri Lanka for 238. But he could not prevent the islanders from sneaking a nine-run win off the Kangaroos to ensure a place in the finals.
Lee, 35, had to miss the match with a foot injury, and now, Pattinson (21), has clearly emerged as the former''s fast bowling heir apparent, reports Fox Sports.
Pattinson also has 25 Test scalps in four matches against India at an average of only 18. He has overcome a foot injury and is fired up to resume his international career. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today