Brisbane, Mar 3 : Victorian fast bowler James Pattinson has performed well enough in his comeback match to put a question mark on veteran Brett Lee''s inclusion in the Australian squad for the best-of-three Commonwealth Bank series finals against Sri Lanka.
On Friday, Pattinson took four wickets for 51 in the 12th one-day international match of the series to bundle out Sri Lanka for 238. But he could not prevent the islanders from sneaking a nine-run win off the Kangaroos to ensure a place in the finals.
Lee, 35, had to miss the match with a foot injury, and now, Pattinson (21), has clearly emerged as the former''s fast bowling heir apparent, reports Fox Sports.
Pattinson also has 25 Test scalps in four matches against India at an average of only 18. He has overcome a foot injury and is fired up to resume his international career. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'