Brisbane, Mar 3 : Victorian fast bowler James Pattinson has performed well enough in his comeback match to put a question mark on veteran Brett Lee''s inclusion in the Australian squad for the best-of-three Commonwealth Bank series finals against Sri Lanka.
On Friday, Pattinson took four wickets for 51 in the 12th one-day international match of the series to bundle out Sri Lanka for 238. But he could not prevent the islanders from sneaking a nine-run win off the Kangaroos to ensure a place in the finals.
Lee, 35, had to miss the match with a foot injury, and now, Pattinson (21), has clearly emerged as the former''s fast bowling heir apparent, reports Fox Sports.
Pattinson also has 25 Test scalps in four matches against India at an average of only 18. He has overcome a foot injury and is fired up to resume his international career. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan