Brisbane, Mar 3 : Victorian fast bowler James Pattinson has performed well enough in his comeback match to put a question mark on veteran Brett Lee''s inclusion in the Australian squad for the best-of-three Commonwealth Bank series finals against Sri Lanka.
On Friday, Pattinson took four wickets for 51 in the 12th one-day international match of the series to bundle out Sri Lanka for 238. But he could not prevent the islanders from sneaking a nine-run win off the Kangaroos to ensure a place in the finals.
Lee, 35, had to miss the match with a foot injury, and now, Pattinson (21), has clearly emerged as the former''s fast bowling heir apparent, reports Fox Sports.
Pattinson also has 25 Test scalps in four matches against India at an average of only 18. He has overcome a foot injury and is fired up to resume his international career. (ANI)
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'