Mumbai, March 22 : Delhi Daredevils' South African speedster Wayne Parnell will fly home this week after a groin injury ruled him out of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Parnell, who was bought by Delhi for $610,000 during the January mini-auction, sustained the injury during a warm-up.
The bowler joins his South African captain Graeme Smith, who injured his right middle finger playing for Rajasthan Royals March 15, and his Delhi captain Gautam Gambhir who stretched his hamstring within minutes of the start of the match against Mumbai Indians Wednesday.
The other injured players in IPL III include India and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) captain Mahendra Sigh Dhoni (elbow) and South Africa's Justin Kemp (back). Dhoni was injured during the Super Kings match against Kolkata Knight Riders March 16 while CSK's Kemp was hurt in Sunday's thriller against Kings XI Punjab. (IANS)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation