Lahore, July 16 : Pakistan tennis star Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi and his wife Faha Akmal Makhdoom have decided to end their eight-month long marriage.
"Pakistan tennis star Aisam-u-Haq has sent separation papers to his wife Faha Makhdoom after the couple failed to develop understanding between them," The Nation quoted a private Pakistani TV channel, as reporting.
Although Faha''s family sources confirmed the news, Aisam''s parents have denied the media reports.
Faha announced the divorce on a website, saying: "Aisam and my marriage in tatters and now divorce is expected as Aisam signs."
"Aisam didn''t give me time at all and now wants divorce. We could not develop understandings hence decided to part ways," she added.
Meanwhile, heartbroken fans of the couple reacted to the news by commenting in the micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Aisam ul Haq, Faha Akmal decide to part ways... It''s really sad they both make a really decent couple! what happened?" a fan tweeted.
"I condemn media for continuously giving details of Aisam''s separation. We r not Americans. We need to respect people''s privacy," another tweet said. (ANI)
- Misbah says Pak future secure with emergence of young guns Azhar, Shafiq and Junaid
- Pakistan''s legendary batsman Alimuddin passes away in London
- Pak confident of podium finish in London Olympics hockey challenge
- PCB chief asks Miandad to guide U-19 team ahead of World Cup in Australia
- Kamran Akmal among 30 Pak probables for T20 World Cup