London, July 16 : The Pakistan team has reportedly been involved in a heated exchange with match referee Chris Broad over a fall out from Mohammad Aamer and Ricky Ponting's on-field collision during the ongoing first Test at Lord's.
On day one of the Test match between Australia and Pakistan, Aamer and Ponting had brushed shoulders following the Australian skipper's dismissal.
According to reports, there was an "ugly incident" when Broad visited the Pakistani dressing room to reprimand Aamer and a "robust exchange ensued".
There are allegations of a racial slur directed at Broad, but he has denied the reports.
An International Cricket Council (ICC) press release stated that Pakistan coach Waqar Younis was present during Broad's meeting with Aamer, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Broad's stance is said to have infuriated the Pakistanis, who felt that Ponting was the aggressor when his elbow came into contact as Aamer crossed paths with him. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional