Islamabad, Apr. 12 : The Pakistan cricket team visited the National Assembly and witnessed proceedings on Monday.
The Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, Faisal Karim Kundi, welcomed the cricket team that made it to the semi-final of the 2011 cricket World Cup.
"We welcome the cricket team in the National Assembly and appreciate their performance in the semi-final of World Cup-2011 held in India," the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
The team watched the proceedings of the National Assembly from the Prime Minister''s gallery.
National Assembly members gave a warm welcome to the national team by thumping their desks. (ANI)
- Possible India-Pak series will strengthen, popularise hockey: Bajwa
- Foreign coach may be appointed in absence of Miandad: Afridi
- Selection in Pak team for Windies tour "dream come true" for debutant Usman
- PCB must give ‘legend’ Akhtar proud exit after denying him ‘swansong’ against India
- Kamran, Razzaq must say goodbye to international cricket following WC debacle: Butt