Karachi, Apr 30 : A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) committee will finalise the name of the new bowling coach before the Sri Lanka series. Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has confirmed the itinerary for the Pakistan series, which comprises two Twenty20s, five One-Day Internationals (ODI) and three Tests.
Intikhab Alam, who heads the coach-hunt committee, said the new bowling coach will be announced before the Sri Lanka tour. "We'll shortlist the candidates this week. Hopefully, we'll complete the process and announce the coach within a couple of weeks," Alam told The Express Tribune.
The post was left vacant following Aqib Javed's move to become the UAE head coach after the England series. Pakistan then played for the Asia Cup without a bowling coach, with Sarfraz Nawaz holding a brief camp for the pace men before the team's departure to Dhaka.
Despite the triumph, a poor performance by the pace men led to calls for the quick appointment of a bowling coach. Around 11 candidates have applied for the post. According to reports, the list includes Ian Pont, a former Bangladesh bowling coach, Bazeegh Zaka, the Maldives coach, and former Pakistan players Jalaluddin, Mohsin Kamal, Sabih Azhar and Mohammad Akram and Mushtaq Ahmed. Alam said the committee will `finalise the best candidate irrespective of nationality'. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai