Karachi, Apr 30 : A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) committee will finalise the name of the new bowling coach before the Sri Lanka series. Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has confirmed the itinerary for the Pakistan series, which comprises two Twenty20s, five One-Day Internationals (ODI) and three Tests.
Intikhab Alam, who heads the coach-hunt committee, said the new bowling coach will be announced before the Sri Lanka tour. "We'll shortlist the candidates this week. Hopefully, we'll complete the process and announce the coach within a couple of weeks," Alam told The Express Tribune.
The post was left vacant following Aqib Javed's move to become the UAE head coach after the England series. Pakistan then played for the Asia Cup without a bowling coach, with Sarfraz Nawaz holding a brief camp for the pace men before the team's departure to Dhaka.
Despite the triumph, a poor performance by the pace men led to calls for the quick appointment of a bowling coach. Around 11 candidates have applied for the post. According to reports, the list includes Ian Pont, a former Bangladesh bowling coach, Bazeegh Zaka, the Maldives coach, and former Pakistan players Jalaluddin, Mohsin Kamal, Sabih Azhar and Mohammad Akram and Mushtaq Ahmed. Alam said the committee will `finalise the best candidate irrespective of nationality'. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'