Karachi, Aug 15 : A female Pakistani coach will guide Iran’s young women cricketers in their preparations for the Under-19 Women’s Championship later this year, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has said.
The Iranian team will compete in the Asian Cricket Council’s Under-19 championship in Singapore from October 4-14.
“Hajira Sarwar will help Iran’s Under-19 team on the request of Iran Cricket Federation,” The Daily Times quoted a PCB statement, as saying.
Teams from Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Nepal, Oman, Qatar, Singapore, Thailand and United Arab Emirates will also compete in the event.
Hajira will be the second Pakistani coach to help Iran’s woman cricketers after Shamsa Hashmi trained them a few years ago. (ANI)
- Shoaib Akhtar working hard to revive international career
- ‘Yousuf’s inclusion for England Test series counter-productive’, says Aamir Sohail
- Pakistan won't recall Abbas for Commonwealth Games
- Younis must approach PCB directly to earn his place back in Test squad
- Yousuf ready to come out of retirement if Pakistan needs him