Sydney, Feb 1 : The first grand slam men finals attracted more that 2.3 million Australians who tuned in to watch World No. 1 Roger Federer beat Andy Murray.
An average national audience of 2.352 million watched the men’s final on the Seven Network last night, according to OzTAM ratings figures.
However, the viewer numbers were down on last year’s figures, when almost 2.5 million watched the men’s final, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
In a big night for television viewing, the latest series of The Biggest Loser, hosted by Hayley Lewis, and So You Think You Can Dance Australia, got off to good starts on Network Ten, with each attracting about 1.16 million viewers.
US series House on Ten also scored more than a million viewers.
The official TV ratings period does not begin until February 7, but many of the networks are bringing out their big guns this week. (ANI)
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'
- Excited Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis can't wait for baby daughter's birth
- Kim K 'desperate' to land role in Downton Abbey
- Deepika demands respect for women by media
- Is Selena Gomez 'moving in' with Justin Bieber?
- Iggy Azalea's ex-beau opens up about relationship with blonde rapper
- Ben Affleck 'counted cards' in LA casinos