Sydney, Feb 1 : The first grand slam men finals attracted more that 2.3 million Australians who tuned in to watch World No. 1 Roger Federer beat Andy Murray.
An average national audience of 2.352 million watched the men’s final on the Seven Network last night, according to OzTAM ratings figures.
However, the viewer numbers were down on last year’s figures, when almost 2.5 million watched the men’s final, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
In a big night for television viewing, the latest series of The Biggest Loser, hosted by Hayley Lewis, and So You Think You Can Dance Australia, got off to good starts on Network Ten, with each attracting about 1.16 million viewers.
US series House on Ten also scored more than a million viewers.
The official TV ratings period does not begin until February 7, but many of the networks are bringing out their big guns this week. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai