Sydney, Feb 1 : The first grand slam men finals attracted more that 2.3 million Australians who tuned in to watch World No. 1 Roger Federer beat Andy Murray.
An average national audience of 2.352 million watched the men’s final on the Seven Network last night, according to OzTAM ratings figures.
However, the viewer numbers were down on last year’s figures, when almost 2.5 million watched the men’s final, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
In a big night for television viewing, the latest series of The Biggest Loser, hosted by Hayley Lewis, and So You Think You Can Dance Australia, got off to good starts on Network Ten, with each attracting about 1.16 million viewers.
US series House on Ten also scored more than a million viewers.
The official TV ratings period does not begin until February 7, but many of the networks are bringing out their big guns this week. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today