Sydney, Feb 1 : The first grand slam men finals attracted more that 2.3 million Australians who tuned in to watch World No. 1 Roger Federer beat Andy Murray.
An average national audience of 2.352 million watched the men’s final on the Seven Network last night, according to OzTAM ratings figures.
However, the viewer numbers were down on last year’s figures, when almost 2.5 million watched the men’s final, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
In a big night for television viewing, the latest series of The Biggest Loser, hosted by Hayley Lewis, and So You Think You Can Dance Australia, got off to good starts on Network Ten, with each attracting about 1.16 million viewers.
US series House on Ten also scored more than a million viewers.
The official TV ratings period does not begin until February 7, but many of the networks are bringing out their big guns this week. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan