London, May 21 : England fast bowler Graham Onions has been ruled out for up to three months due to a back injury and will now miss the upcoming series against Bangladesh and Pakistan.
Onions has been out of action since he was forced to return home from England's tour of Bangladesh with the injury in March.
The 27-year-old underwent scans on his back earlier this week, which confirmed that the injury was worse than feared.
"I am naturally incredibly disappointed to miss the bulk of the domestic season and am still hopeful that with rest I can be back on the field nearer to the end of the summer," The Telegraph quoted Onions, as saying.
"The ECB medical team has been very supportive and all I can do is be patient, work hard on my rehabilitation programme and focus on my number one goal which is to be fully fit and available for selection for the Ashes tour to Australia," he added.
Onions also underwent surgery on Thursday at a London hospital to repair a cartilage in his left knee. (ANI)
- ‘European bookies not involved in Lord’s Test spot-fixing scam’
- ‘Tainted’ Butt, Asif and Aamir dropped from Pak squad for Twenty20, ODIs
- Manchester United fail to hit season-ticket target
- English Premier League spending tumbled 22 pct from 2009-10
- Bolt wants to break his records to become legend at 2012 Olympic Games in London