London, Aug 12 - Russia's Anna Chicherova won the Olympic gold medal in the women's high jump, clearing 2.05 metres for victory.
Chicherova's triumph Saturday marks a Russian Olympic double in the high jump after Ivan Ukhov triumphed in the men's event.
Brigetta Barrett of the US claimed the silver with a jump of 2.03.
Chicherova's compatriot Svetlana Shikolina made it to the same height but had to settle for bronze.
Russia's 21st gold medal of the Olympics and eighth in track and field sent Chicherova into tears. (IANS)
- Olympic women's volleyball: Brazil beats US to gold
- Olympic athletics: US women power to 4x400m relay gold
- Olympics: All eyes on Sushil after Yogeshwar's bronze
- Mo Farah dedicates ‘double Olympic gold-victory’ to unborn twin daughters
- ‘Chastened’ KP reverses ‘retirement decision’ to commit future ‘fully to England’