London, Aug 10 - Kenyan runner David Rudisha set a searing pace as he won Olympic 800 metres gold in world record time Thursday.
Rudisha, the reigning world champion, knocked 0.1 seconds off his own world record as he won in 1 minute 40.91 seconds after leading the field from the early stages.
The only real battle was for the silver medal, with Botswana's Nijel Amos beating Kenya's Timothy Kitum to win his country's first Olympic medal. (IANS)
- Olympic diving : Chen retains 10m diving title in style
- Olympic athletics: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for 800m final
- Mercedes team principle refuses to clear air on Schumacher’s future
- McIlroy says better technology helping ‘mediocre players’ win majors
- Olympics: Pistorius denied run as South Africa crash out of relay