Mumbai, Jan 14 - Left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha Saturday joined Mumbai Indians after four seasons with Deccan Chargers for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) starting April 4.
Ojha, who is currently with the Test team in Australia, is the sixth player to be transferred during the 2102 trading window. Ojha won the Purple Cap for being the highest wicket-taker in the 2010 edition of the league.
Mumbai Indians' co-owner Nita Ambani said Ojha's addtion would bolster the bowling department.
"With a spinner of Pragyan Ojha's competence, we fortify our bowling department that has won us many matches in the past seasons. Pragyan Ojha is a player of great international repute, and we welcome him with much excitement," said Nita.
E. Venkat Reddy, chief operating officer of Deccan Chargers, said Ojha played a big role in the team's triumph in 2009.
"Pragyan is an outstanding cricketer. He was one of the chief architects of our triumph in 2009. His performances for India, and in the IPL, speak for themselves. We wish him all the best for the future," he said.(IANS)
- I'd be very caring, says Dominic Cooper on ex Amanda Seyfried's comment
- Here's how to stop your teen from becoming LiLo type 'mean girl'
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery