Mumbai, Jan 14 - Left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha Saturday joined Mumbai Indians after four seasons with Deccan Chargers for the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) starting April 4.
Ojha, who is currently with the Test team in Australia, is the sixth player to be transferred during the 2102 trading window. Ojha won the Purple Cap for being the highest wicket-taker in the 2010 edition of the league.
Mumbai Indians' co-owner Nita Ambani said Ojha's addtion would bolster the bowling department.
"With a spinner of Pragyan Ojha's competence, we fortify our bowling department that has won us many matches in the past seasons. Pragyan Ojha is a player of great international repute, and we welcome him with much excitement," said Nita.
E. Venkat Reddy, chief operating officer of Deccan Chargers, said Ojha played a big role in the team's triumph in 2009.
"Pragyan is an outstanding cricketer. He was one of the chief architects of our triumph in 2009. His performances for India, and in the IPL, speak for themselves. We wish him all the best for the future," he said.(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan